Understanding Age-Related Vision Problems
Problems can occur in people’s eyes as a consequence of aging, for individuals from all walks of life. At The Eye Center, your preferred optometrist for Bixby, Okmulgee and South Tulsa, our optometry team has many years of experience diagnosing and treating age-related vision problems and we can help you with your own issues with your vision.
Problems with Vision That Tend to Occur During the Aging Process
It’s worth noting that problems related to the natural aging process can be easily identified by an optometrist. If you are concerned about the quality of your vision as you advance in years, here are some signs that your eye doctor wants you to keep in mind before they become bigger problems:
- You find that you must hold a newspaper or book farther away than usual so you can focus on the words
- Lately, you require brighter lights or have been turning on multiple lamps in a room to see things like you used to with less illumination
- You have been experiencing an unusual amount of headaches that do not seem to be caused by stress or illness.
- After watching TV or looking at your computer or smartphone’s screen for prolonged periods, you find that your eyes are growing more tired than usual.
- You are now finding it a chore to do close-up activities such as drawing, sewing or crafts.
Children Are Subject to Age-Related Vision Problems Too
While we typically associate age-related vision problems to senior citizens, children can experience issues with their eyesight too. Examples of warning signs that you should be aware of include:
- Child holds books or tablet computer too close
- Your kid has been sitting far too close to the TV lately
- Rubbing eyes more frequently than usual
- Child has been closing one eye in an effort to see better, such as when reading or watching TV
- Frequent head tilting or squinting to get a better view
Set an Appointment at Our Eye Exam Center Today!
We’re proud to provide outstanding optometry services to patients in Bixby, Okmulgee and the greater South Tulsa area and beyond. If you have any questions about age-related vision problems or are ready to make an appointment with your eye doctor, please contact The Eye Center today.
Remember to ask us about our new client special if this will be the first time you are making an appointment with us.
What issues have you been noticing with your eyesight lately? We’d love to know about your experience, so please give us the details in the comments section below, for the benefits of all patients at our eye exam center.