Contact Lenses From Your Okmulgee and South Tulsa Optometrist
Contact lenses are a tremendously effective and convenient vision correction solution for many residents of Okmulgee, Bixby and South Tulsa who need or want a removable alternative to eyeglasses. Today's contact lenses are safer, more comfortable and better able than correct a wide range of vision issues than previous generations of lenses -- especially with expert guidance and fitting. Either optometrist here at The Eye Center, Dr. Ward or Dr. Hall, can help you get the perfect contact lenses for your needs and lifestyle.
The All-important Contact Lens Exam
If you've never had contact lenses before, you might be surprised to learn that obtaining a corrective vision prescription, while sufficient for ordering eyeglasses, is only the first step in getting fitted for contact lenses. Your optometrist at The Eye Center will also administer a contact lens exam. This specialized exam accomplishes such critical objectives as:
- Measuring your pupil and iris diameters
- Measuring your corneal curvature with an instrument called a keratometer
- Mapping every little pit or irregularity on your corneas through a technique called corneal topography
- Discussing any eye health conditions you might have that may make contact lenses more of a challenge, such as dry eye, keratoconus and giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC)
- Considering the requirements of complex refractive errors such as presbyopia or astigmatism
We will also examine how your specific lifestyle considerations may impact your contact lens choices. For instance, if you prefer to insert and remove your lenses as infrequently as possible, we may suggest extended-wear contacts you may sleep in for up to 2 weeks at a time. If you plan on wearing your glasses much of the time or you don't want to bother with the cleaning and maintenance necessary for safe use of permanent contacts, we may suggest daily disposable lenses that you wear once and throw away.
Which Contact Lenses Are Right for You? Your Eye Doctor Can Provide Them
Your Okmulgee or South Tulsa eye doctor can offer many different types of contact lenses to suit even hard-to-fit cases. In addition to the ever-popular soft contacts, we also provide rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses that feature superb vision correction (without collecting the protein deposits that irritate some sensitive individuals). We can also fit you with specialized options such as:
- Toric contact lenses to correct astigmatism
- Scleral contact lenses for patients with dry eye or keratoconus
- Multifocal contact lenses to correct presbyopia
- Contact lenses made of special moisture-retaining materials
Once you've selected your ideal contact lens option, multiple fittings might be needed to make sure your new contacts will serve you effectively and comfortably.
Call Our Okmulgee or South Tulsa Optometry Office to Get Started
If you're ready to enjoy clear vision without having to deal with eyeglasses all the time, it just makes sense to look into contact lenses. Call South Tulsa Eye Center at (918) 369-3937 or Okmulgee Eye Center at (918) 756-0316 to schedule a contact lens exam!